Winter hiking safety
Tips by the Swiss Hiking Federation:
- Follow the signposting and signalization
- Do not leave the marked trails
- Keep up to date on the latest information (operating times, closures due to avalanche risk, lack of snow, weather conditions)
- If in doubt, turn back – especially in bad visibility.
- Only hike winter hiking trails during daylight hours (no nocturnal or twilight hikes for safety and wildlife protection reasons).
- Make sure you are suitably equipped for your intended activity.