Sledging

Photo gallery

Zug
Zug Castle

Zug Castle

The beginnings of the castle settlement go back to the 11th century. In around 1200 the Counts of Kyburg, founders of Zug, built the tower. Over the centuries the castle has changed from being a fortification to a residence.
From the end of the 14th century right up until 1945 it was owned privately by Zug families. After long consideration, it was decided to restore it to how it was in around 1770, which is as we see it today.

Since 1982 a history museum has been housed here. On view to the public are the historical rooms, paintings, sculptures, paintings on glass, gold work, furniture, costumes and also everyday utensils like weights and measures. An audio-visual model of the town conveys graphically the history of Zug. Changing exhibitions provide an added attraction.
The beginnings of the castle settlement go back to the 11th century. In around 1200 the Counts of Kyburg, founders of Zug, built the tower. Over the centuries the castle has changed from being a fortification to a residence.
From the end of the 14th century right up until 1945 it was owned privately by Zug families. After long consideration, it was decided to restore it to how it was in around 1770, which is as we see it today.

Since 1982 a history museum has been housed here. On view to the public are the historical rooms, paintings, sculptures, paintings on glass, gold work, furniture, costumes and also everyday utensils like weights and measures. An audio-visual model of the town conveys graphically the history of Zug. Changing exhibitions provide an added attraction.

Zug Castle

Adresse

Zug Tourismus
Bahnhofplatz
6300 Zug
Tel. +41 (0)41 723 68 00
info@zug.ch
www.zug-tourismus.ch

Services

Accommodation

Bed + Breakfast one2be
Bed + Breakfast one2be
Zug
Hotel Löwen am See
Hotel Löwen am See
Zug
Jugendherberge Zug
Jugendherberge Zug
Zug
TCS Camping Zugersee
TCS Camping Zugersee
Zug
Show all