Stählibuckweg
Stählibuckweg

Hiking

Stählibuckweg

Weinfelden–Frauenfeld

Photo gallery

Stählibuckweg

The hike from Weinfelden to Frauenfeld leads between Thur and Lauche over the Wellenberg. Passing interesting buildings, the trail arrives at the well-known Stälibuck view tower by Frauenfeld, which provides a splendid panoramic view on clear days.
After around one kilometre the trail leaves the settlement area of Weinfelden and leads to the open Thurtal countryside. Through the riverside woodland alongside Giessen, you reach the bridge at Amlikon. When the pilgrimages on the Schwabenweg began, the Thur used to be crossed by ferry at Amlikon.

The hiking trail then ascends to Leutmerken, passing a small joint church that was first recorded in 1275 and whose foundation walls go back to Roman times. The old small chapel by Weierhüsli is also reminiscent of the pilgrammage time. At the hamlet of Griesenberg the historic ‘Trülle’ is worth a visit, before the trail then leads over the Gesslerbrücke bridge (opened in 2008) towards Lustdorf.

A brief ascent over the Egg leads to Höhenrücken, where the view opens up to Tuembachtal and beyond and which leads to Stälibuck. Before the descent to Frauenfeld the Stälibuck tower offers a splendid panoramic view on a clear day.
The hike from Weinfelden to Frauenfeld leads between Thur and Lauche over the Wellenberg. Passing interesting buildings, the trail arrives at the well-known Stälibuck view tower by Frauenfeld, which provides a splendid panoramic view on clear days.
After around one kilometre the trail leaves the settlement area of Weinfelden and leads to the open Thurtal countryside. Through the riverside woodland alongside Giessen, you reach the bridge at Amlikon. When the pilgrimages on the Schwabenweg began, the Thur used to be crossed by ferry at Amlikon.

The hiking trail then ascends to Leutmerken, passing a small joint church that was first recorded in 1275 and whose foundation walls go back to Roman times. The old small chapel by Weierhüsli is also reminiscent of the pilgrammage time. At the hamlet of Griesenberg the historic ‘Trülle’ is worth a visit, before the trail then leads over the Gesslerbrücke bridge (opened in 2008) towards Lustdorf.

A brief ascent over the Egg leads to Höhenrücken, where the view opens up to Tuembachtal and beyond and which leads to Stälibuck. Before the descent to Frauenfeld the Stälibuck tower offers a splendid panoramic view on a clear day.
22 km | 1 Stage
440 m | 460 m
5 h 30 min
easy (hiking trail) | difficult

Arrival | return travel

Arrival / return travel Weinfelden
SBB Timetable Show stop and route on map

Signalization

Signalization
From the southern exit of the subway at Weinfelden station, you follow the trail to Amlikon – Stälinuck – Fraunfeld.

Arrival | return travel

Arrival / return travel Frauenfeld
SBB Timetable Show stop and route on map

Contact

Thurgau Tourismus
Friedrichshafnerstrasse 55a
8590 Romanshorn
Tel. +41 71 531 01 31
info@thurgau-bodensee.ch
www.thurgau-bodensee.ch

Services

Accommodation

Gasthof zur Eisenbahn
Gasthof zur Eisenbahn
Weinfelden
BnB alte Post
BnB alte Post
Amlikon-Bissegg
Show all

Places

Weinfelden
Weinfelden
Frauenfeld
Frauenfeld
Show all

Places of interest

Plättli Zoo
Plättli Zoo
Historisches Museum Thurgau
Historisches Museum Thurgau
Thurgau Museum of Nature
Thurgau Museum of Nature
Museum of Archaeology Frauenfeld
Museum of Archaeology Frauenfeld
Show all

Swimming

Frauenfeld baths
Frauenfeld baths
Show all