907 Thurgauer Rundwanderweg
907 Thurgauer Rundwanderweg

Hiking

Thurgauer Rundwanderweg

Thurgauer Rundwanderweg

Bichelsee–Fischingen

Photo gallery

Thurgauer Rundwanderweg

Thurgauer Rundwanderweg

This hike presents the more mountainous side of the canton of Thurgau. After a steep climb, the trail crosses the narrow Tannegg arête to arrive at the Tannegg ruin, a recommended viewpoint. The trail makes up part of the 200km long Thurgau circular hiking trail.
From Bichelsee the hiking trail leads through the woods steeply to Hochwacht (lit. ‘vantage tower’). The name refers to the fact that there used be a message station here in earlier times, which sent messages to other stations within viewing distance using fire and smoke signals.

From Hochwacht the trail continues over Niederwies through the wood on the narrow Tannegg arête, which dips steeply in places, to the ruins of Tannegg castle, a splendid viewpoint. On the descent towards Dussnang, the path leads over a plateau with an information sign to the former small town of Tannegg. This town was the centre of the ‘office of Tannegg’ up until the Reformation and belonged to the bishop of Constance. In 1407 it was destroyed by the people of Appenzell, along with the castle.

A steep descent from the Tannegg arête takes you to the Dussnang Kneipp cure spa. Along the west side of the Murgtal the trail rises towards Fischingen.
This hike presents the more mountainous side of the canton of Thurgau. After a steep climb, the trail crosses the narrow Tannegg arête to arrive at the Tannegg ruin, a recommended viewpoint. The trail makes up part of the 200km long Thurgau circular hiking trail.
From Bichelsee the hiking trail leads through the woods steeply to Hochwacht (lit. ‘vantage tower’). The name refers to the fact that there used be a message station here in earlier times, which sent messages to other stations within viewing distance using fire and smoke signals.

From Hochwacht the trail continues over Niederwies through the wood on the narrow Tannegg arête, which dips steeply in places, to the ruins of Tannegg castle, a splendid viewpoint. On the descent towards Dussnang, the path leads over a plateau with an information sign to the former small town of Tannegg. This town was the centre of the ‘office of Tannegg’ up until the Reformation and belonged to the bishop of Constance. In 1407 it was destroyed by the people of Appenzell, along with the castle.

A steep descent from the Tannegg arête takes you to the Dussnang Kneipp cure spa. Along the west side of the Murgtal the trail rises towards Fischingen.
9 km | 1 Stage
400 m | 380 m
2 h 45 min
easy (hiking trail) | easy

Arrival | return travel

Arrival / return travel Bichelsee, Post
SBB Timetable Show stop and route on map

More …

Surface/foundation
The section along the Tannegg arête calls for quality footwear and surefootedness.

Arrival | return travel

Arrival / return travel Fischingen, Kloster
SBB Timetable Show stop and route on map

Contact

Thurgau Tourismus
Friedrichshafnerstrasse 55a
8590 Romanshorn
Tel. +41 71 531 01 31
info@thurgau-bodensee.ch
www.thurgau-bodensee.ch

Services

Accommodation

Hotel Kloster Fischingen
Hotel Kloster Fischingen
Fischingen
Show all

Places

Fischingen
Fischingen
Show all

Places of interest

Fischingen monastery
Fischingen monastery
Show all

Signalization

Signalization