St-Gingolph
false

Cycling in Switzerland

Photo gallery

Hiking in

St-Gingolph
Alpine Passes Trail
Alpine Passes Trail
Stage 34, Taney–St-Gingolph
Show all

Cycling in

St-Gingolph
Tour du Léman
Tour du Léman
Stage 4, Montreux–Saint-Gingolph
Show all
Tour du Haut-Lac
Tour du Haut-Lac
Route 120, Le Bouveret–Le Bouveret
Show all
Saint-Gingolph
St-Gingolph

St-Gingolph

St. Gingolph is on the border to France, on the south shore of Lac Léman. The beneficial effect of its mineral spring was appreciated as early as Roman times. The castle dates from 1588 and the chapel from the 17th century.
A fountain in the shape of a boat stands at the St. Gingolph town gates and here you can test the beneficial effect of the mineral water. The spring was discovered and used by the Romans.

The castle dating from 1588 now houses the municipal offices on one side and the Musée des Traditions et Barques du Léman on the other. St. Gingolph was the site of ship building between 1702 and 1902. The Lac Léman vessels were built at the local wharf and used mainly for transporting freight. The history of lake shipping is exhibited in the museum. 34 models, reproduced from drawings are on display here. The museum also has various exhibitions on local culture, e.g. the significance of sweet chestnuts. St. Gingolph has one of the most important sweet chestnut forests in Europe.

The neighbouring village of Le Bouveret has the Swiss Vapeur Parc with mini-steam trains and also an Aqua Park.

Highlights

  • St. Gingolph Castle from 1588 with a museum on lake shipping and changing exhibitions
  • 17th century chapel
  • Sweet-chestnut forest
  • Lac Léman cruises
  • Swiss Vapeur Parc and Aqua-Parc in Le Bouveret
St. Gingolph is on the border to France, on the south shore of Lac Léman. The beneficial effect of its mineral spring was appreciated as early as Roman times. The castle dates from 1588 and the chapel from the 17th century.
A fountain in the shape of a boat stands at the St. Gingolph town gates and here you can test the beneficial effect of the mineral water. The spring was discovered and used by the Romans.

The castle dating from 1588 now houses the municipal offices on one side and the Musée des Traditions et Barques du Léman on the other. St. Gingolph was the site of ship building between 1702 and 1902. The Lac Léman vessels were built at the local wharf and used mainly for transporting freight. The history of lake shipping is exhibited in the museum. 34 models, reproduced from drawings are on display here. The museum also has various exhibitions on local culture, e.g. the significance of sweet chestnuts. St. Gingolph has one of the most important sweet chestnut forests in Europe.

The neighbouring village of Le Bouveret has the Swiss Vapeur Parc with mini-steam trains and also an Aqua Park.

Highlights

  • St. Gingolph Castle from 1588 with a museum on lake shipping and changing exhibitions
  • 17th century chapel
  • Sweet-chestnut forest
  • Lac Léman cruises
  • Swiss Vapeur Parc and Aqua-Parc in Le Bouveret

Arrival and return St-Gingolph

Adresse

Société de développement
Case postale 103
1898 St-Gingolph
Tel. +41 (0)24 481 84 31
office@st-gingolph.ch
www.st-gingolph.ch

Services

Hiking in

St-Gingolph
Alpine Passes Trail
Alpine Passes Trail
Stage 34, Taney–St-Gingolph
Show all

Cycling in

St-Gingolph
Tour du Léman
Tour du Léman
Stage 4, Montreux–Saint-Gingolph
Show all
Tour du Haut-Lac
Tour du Haut-Lac
Route 120, Le Bouveret–Le Bouveret
Show all